Hi,

Perhaps this is default behaviour but its not what I was expecting. I have
the following conf on Apache 2.4

<VirtualHost *:80>
 ServerName somedomain.com
 ProxyPass /share http://127.0.0.1:8181/share

 ProxyPass / balancer://cluster/ stickysession=JSESSIONID nofailover=Off

 # define the balancer, with http and/or ajp connections
 <Proxy balancer://cluster/>
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
      BalancerMember ajp://127.0.0.1:8010 route=g1
      BalancerMember ajp://127.0.0.1:8011 route=g2
 </Proxy>
</VirtualHost>

With this setup I have 2 tomcat instances being load balanced and a jetty
instance which handles all requests via ProxyPass mounted to /share

I had an issue in production today where the jetty instance became
unresponsive (garage collection/out of memory). However it also stopped all
requests going to the 2 tomcat instances.

Does apache not handle this case? ie keep forwarding/load balancing request
even if one of the proxypass becomes unresponsive?