Christopher Schultz wrote:
> Bjoern,
>
> On 5/21/16 5:08 PM, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
> > I am using Apache as a web and proxy server, but I am unhappy with
> > Apache as a WebDAV file server.
>
> > I am missing a good file permission or ACL configuration in Apache
> > mod_dav.
>
> > My wishlist:
>
> > * "good/flexible" permission control (important) * stable and
> > secure (important) * Apache >= 2.4 based or an Apache alternative
> > (important) * permission control delegable to some users (nice to
> > have) * compatibility with Samba and local users (nice to have)
>
> > The Apache path-based access control with directives like
>
> > <Directory "/home/dav/user1"> <LimitExcept PROPFIND OPTIONS>
> > require user user1 </LimitExcept>
>
> > <Limit PROPFIND OPTIONS> require group allusers </Limit>
> > </Directory>
>
> > is inflexible, even in small user groups.
>
> > Do you know good alternatives? (Please do not suggest Apache < 2.4
> > alternatives. Some good projects have stopped development and are
> > incompatible with Apache 2.4. Apache alternatives are welcome
> > too.)
>
> mod_dav + mod_auth_ldap + LDAP server?
>
> We use this internally and have scripts to take a somewhat simple
> permission-configuration (e.g. /foo can be read by group foo and
> writable by group foowriters) and produce httpd.conf-style files with
> <Directory>, <Location>, etc. directives for those rules.
Thanks Christopher for this tips.

But I do not like Single-Sign-On so much. Scripts which generate Apache
configurations can be a good solution. Currently my problem is not big
enough, so that I start writing such scripts. This point from my wishlist
> * permission control delegable to some users (nice to have)
would also require, that I write a web-based or client-server-solution
so that users can configure their own Apache/WebDAV permissions.

I hoped that there are cool Apache community solutions. But there is
probably nothing. My own search was unsuccessful too.

Greetings,
Björn