> On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 11:02 PM, Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> For the record, I also have the same behaviour (headers rewritten when
>>> using php-fpm + fastcgi) on alpine linux 3.4 that ships apache2-2.4.20.
>>> So AFAICT, it doesn't seem distro specific.
>>>
>>> On the root of the problem, from my point of view:
>>> - the difference between mod_php vs. php-fpm + fcgi is understandable
>>> (even if not desired and not documented).
>>> - the fact that fcgi handler parse & rewrite headers seems to lead to
>>> inconsistencies (I'll try to build a test case for that).
>>> - however, even if the headers are wrong, I think apache default (use
>>> EPOCH) is wrong as it leads to very inconsistent behaviour (the resource
>>> will never expire). I would prefer either:
>>> -- do not touch the header
>>> -- raise a warning and discard the header
>>>
>>> What do you think ?
>>>

>> From my tests the following snippet of code should be responsible for the
>> switch from 'foo' to unix epoch:
>>
>> *https://github.com/apache/httpd/blob/2.4.x/server/util_script.c#L663
>> <https://github.com/apache/httpd/blob/2.4.x/server/util_script.c#L663>*
>>
>> The function that contains the code, ap_scan_script_header_err_core_ex,
>> is wrapped by a lot of other functions eventually called by modules like
>> mod-proxy-fcgi. A more verbose description of the function in:
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/httpd/blob/2.4.x/include/util_script.h#L200
>>
>> Not sure what would be the best thing to do, but probably we could follow
>> up in a official apache bugzilla task?
>> https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Apache%20httpd-2
>>

> Wow, thanks for the investigation !

Sorry for the delay! I submitted a patch for trunk with a possible fix,
namely dropping (and logging at trace1 level) any non compliant date/time
set in a Last-Modified header returned by a FCGI/CGI script:
http://svn.apache.org/r1748379

The fix is also in the list of proposal for backport to the 2.4.x branch,
we'll see what other people think about this solution.

We should also do a follow up for the other main issue, namely the fact
that you see a different/delayed Last-Modified header sometimes among your
FCGI/httpd responses. Can you give me an example of Last-Modified header
value before/after the "delay" and a way to repro it?

Thanks!

Luca