On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 12:49 AM, Joe Muller <jmul...@arccorp.com> wrote:

>   One interesting thing we did find on a packet capture on the back end
> between the proxy server and the application server is that 3 seconds after
> the proxy server apparently closed the port, the Weblogic application server
> tried to send data.  It almost like Weblogic did not realize the port was
> closed.  Very odd.

Is the HTTP request fully sent (proxy) and responded (backend) when
this happens? (I try to understand why a backend/application would
send data on its own).

Otherwise, on a general rule, did you take care that the TTL of proxy
connection (to the backend) is lower than the KeepAliveTimeout
configured on the backend?
This can be done by using the ProxyPass/BalancerMember parameter ttl=...
But before that, does disabling keepalive on the proxy help already?
(ProxyPass' disablereuse=on or SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive)

Regards,
Yann.