The only thing I can think of is that the whole configure dependency
code for mod_proxy and its submodules was reworked due to a singular
issue; this resulted in a lot of churn in that code and likely
in order to fix one subset of people the "fix" affected a larger
subset.

Please forward your bug reprt to the dev@ list.

Thx!