Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Why ExpiresByType is ignored when has SetHandler application/x-httpd-php ?
Date: trešdiena, 2016. gada 28. decembris 13:20:25
From: Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 10:29 PM, Yehuda Katz <yeh...@ymkatz.net> wrote:
> Why ExpiresByType is ignored when has SetHandler application/x-httpd-php ?
>
> /sitemap.xml Response Headers shows 1 day expiration while expected to be 1
> year (1 month)

> Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 19:59:00 GMT
> Expires: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 19:59:00 GMT
>
> seems SetHandler forces it to apply text/html expiration and doesn't allow
> to rewrite it
>
> ExpiresActive On
> ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 month"
> ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 1 day"
> ExpiresByType application/xml "access plus 1 week"
>
> <FilesMatch ^sitemap\.xml$>
> SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
> Header set Content-Type "application/xml"
> ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 year"
> </FilesMatch>

It's likely just an ordering problem. mod_expires runs before
mod_headers and you can't really change it any meaningful way in this
case (you can ask mod_headers to run much earlier, but then your
scripts output will overwrite it anyway)

Presumably your script issues Content-Type: text/html which is bogus
and what's seen when mod_expires runs. A short while later,
mod_headers changes the content-type.