Actually to clarify point 3. That error I stated was due to something else.

However I tested the following config and the first virtualhost completely
over-rides the second one due to the wildcard.

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@centos.local
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/centos
    ServerName centos.local
    ServerAlias centos2.local centos3.local
    #ServerAlias centos4.local *.local
    ServerAlias centos5.local
    ErrorLog logs/centos-error_log
    CustomLog logs/centos-access_log common
    <Directory "/var/www/html/centos">
    allow from all
    Options +Indexes
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>
#
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@centos.local
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/centos2
    ServerName centos20.local
    ErrorLog logs/centos2-error_log
    CustomLog logs/centos2-access_log common
    <Directory "/var/www/html/centos2">
    allow from all
    Options +Indexes
    </Directory>