On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 3:29 AM, John Iliffe <john.ili...@iliffe.ca> wrote:
> Just in case anyone is thinking about this, I managed to resolve it, more
> by luck than by any plan.
>
> Basically, I just added links in the httpd/lib directory to everything that
> it claimed it couldn't find.  Some are actually links to links.

Links to links are perfectly fine. Alternatives to your solution would be
setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/openssl-1.0.2k/lib in the environment
or re-building apache with suitable LDFLAGS,  e.g. on linux
-Wl,-rpath, /usr/openssl-1.0.2k/lib. Check the man pages for ld and
ld.so (or however the dynamic linker on your platform may be called).

rainer