Hi,

I am observing a behavior and don't really know how to make sense of
it. It may very well be that I hit a bug, but I wanted to ask for
feedback to confirm it.

When I download .el files (EMACS Lisp scripts) on an apache server I
get a very strange header back:

Please note the "\t" at the end, which shouldn't be here.
I can reproduce this on different Gentoo systems, but not on Debian or
Ubuntu.

To reproduce:
* Put a .el script in the webroot, e.g. get one from here:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/plain/lisp/abbrev.el
* Download it with "wget -S [url]" (-S makes wget show all the
  HTTP headers).
For testing I have put an example on my server:
https://files.hboeck.de/abbrev.el
(the header contains an additional charset=UTF-8, because that's
configured as default on that server, but it still shows the strange
"\t")

The "magic" file shipped with httpd contains this, and I think this is
the source:
0       string  ;;                      text/plain      8bit

I guess somehow the tab past the content type isn't stripped away, but
instead escaped and left in the header.

Can others confirm this behavior? Ideas how to fix this?

--
Hanno Böck
https://hboeck.de/

mail/jabber: ha...@hboeck.de
GPG: FE73757FA60E4E21B937579FA5880072BBB51E42