Hi Eric

The info I'm getting from Phusion is that Standalone Passenger only uses port 3000 by default or whatever else you stipulate at start time. However they are helping me decipher why nginx 'appears' to be grabbing port 80. Once I have an understanding of 'that bit' maybe I'll have a better understanding of what to do next.

I do agree that currently there appears to be a squabble about port 80 between the servers. Once I get to the bottom of it I will post my findings here so that others may benefit from my (painful) experience. LOL!!