Thanks for the prompt response.

On 3 May 2017 at 13:55, Ramsey, Robert L <robert-ram...@uiowa.edu> wrote:

> This is just my non-apache two cents.

​Yes, I realise ​it might not be an Apache problem.
But it did start appearing around the time yum gave us a new version of
Apache...

> -          Is your js loaded after all of the libraries?  Are you sure?

​Yes.  ​ I thought it was, and I just thecked.
Following a bunch of CSS files, we have
     JQUery,
     Several other third party libraries, including OpenLayers and Backbone
     JQuery Mobile.
     Our main (1.7MByte minified) JS file
     A 500kByte minified compiled templates file.
     A couple of tiny JS (configuration) files​
     A40KByte "top level" JS file.

And THIS, last, file is the one that Chrome says times out!

However, I will try re-ordering things, and see if that makes a
difference...

> -          Is your js file one huge file or many little ones?  It sounds
> like one big file.

​Mostly ​one big one.  But that isn't the file that times out!
​However, I'll try splitting it, too...​

​And it is straight JS.​

> You’ve probably already looked at those, but sometimes it helps to have
> another person chime in.

​  | ​
A js/chrome list might be more appropriate too.

​Maybe.  I had two vague ideas, and I wanted to see whether anyone else
would suggest them:
     * The problem is related to a limit on the number of (simultaneous)
fetches from a single client, and the new version of Apache has changed
that limit, or
     * Chrome is picking up an ISP's a proxy configuration that FFox is
not, and it is the ISP's proxy that is/was causing the problem.

​Robert.​

​​