I am interested in how apr_bucket_split(e, point) works.

It seems that after splitting e, it still contains everything after
point. Only when flattened is this data "removed" from e.

If that is correct, then is it also correct to assume that I would need
to use apr_bucket_read with snprintf and make a copy of the data in
order to display it accurately?

Is there another way to show the contents of buckets after they've been
split/manipulated?

I need to flatten the brigade (or flush it to a socket? that's a
different question), but for debugging purposes, to check my logic, I am
trying to see the contents of individual buckets.

Kind regards,

Simon