From: Eric Covener [mailto:cove...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 11:19
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] SSL Certificate Validation

EXTERNAL EMAIL

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 7:36 AM, Belmona, Nizar
<nbelm...@cscgroup.com<mailto:nbelm...@cscgroup.com>> wrote:
Thanks Rainer and Daniel.
Sorry for the confusion and please let me clarify.

We have a web server with Apache 2.2.22 with OpenSSL 0.9.8t, the Apache service
launches fine and the users/developers are able to connect however developers
through their code bypass the Server SSL certificate verification. I am not
worried about the client certificate validation since we are not using it,  all
the concern is we need to stop users bypassing the Server SSL verification who
are claiming they have to bypass it since the certificate name doesn’t match
the server name in the link being called. Kindly note that configuration in
hhtpd.conf is:

​You can't stop them unless you control the client.  You only control the
server. The only thing you could do is provide a better certificate.
​