Hello All,

                I'm using Apache as my Webserver and we have Tomcat and
Websphere as our application servers.  We are making an IP change on
application servers. On our application servers we don't specify any IP address
in any of Tomcat or Websphere configuration. We only specify server name
everywhere.

                We are only changing IP address but not the server name. After
IP change on Websphere Our apache is not able to close old connections and open
a new ones to new IP unless we restart Apache due to which we are seeing 503
erros in our access logs.

We don't see this issue on Tomcat as soon as the tomcat servers are rebooted
with new IP address apache is able to connect to Tomcat servers without any
restart. Could you please let me know if we need to change anything on apache
to initiate new connections with new IP and close existing connections as soon
as backend websphere  application server is stopped?

Warm Regards,
Naveen Kumar Reddy N
IBM Middleware WAS-MQ Tower Lead ( WalMart )
Toll Free Number - 866-912-0282(B),855-755-9356(H)
Mail: nkna...@wal-mart.com<mailto:nkna...@wal-mart.com>
SLACK Channel:: middleware_l2
[cid:image001.jpg@01D26CB2.5110A6F0]
Middleware ServiceNow Service Catalog Task Policy::
https://collaboration.wal-mart.com/display/IPSMW/Service+Now+Service+Task+Catalog+Policy
Middleware ServiceNow Change Control Policy ::
https://collaboration.wal-mart.com/display/IPSMW/Change+Control+Policy
Middleware Customer Page::
https://teams.wal-mart.com/sites/Middleware/Customers/Pages/default.aspx