On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 6:51 AM, Hemant Chaudhary
<hemantdude.chaudh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> If I have two modules mod_A and mod_B. Both has defined a hook handler with
> APR_HOOK_MIDDLE then which module will be called first to check handler.
> Whether calling of module will be random for each request or it depends
> which module is loaded first in httpd.conf.

mod_info can show the order.  You can teach one about the other to
force the order w/ the successor/predecessor fields.

When they are the same placement and neither is a predecssor/successor
of the other:
 - It is arbitrary
 - It may be affected by the LoadModule order
 - It may change over a long time span due to e.g. OS update or OS
change (it is related to whether your C libraries qsort() preserves
the order of equal items)
   - it technically could change at any time.

Thanks to Jeff Trawick for this trivia!

--
Eric Covener
cove...@gmail.com