openSUSE Leap 42.3, Apache 2.4.23:
  I have gitweb working just fine.

openSUSE Leap 15.0, Apache 2.4.33:
  gitweb cannot access my git repository
Shows error: "gitweb.cgi: Can't opendir(/export/git): Permission denied: /usr/share/gitweb/gitweb.cgi"

I've searched through the apache config and can find no differences, other than on 42.3 user wwwrun has group www, whereas on 15.0 it has group wwwrun and is also a member of www. /export/git has group www. I've tried changing it to wwwrun. That changes the error to: "gitweb.cgi: Can't cd to /export/git: Permission denied: /usr/share/gitweb/gitweb.cgi"

I'm loading exactly the same set of apache modules, other than one uses php5 and the other php7 (gitweb.cgi is written in perl).

Leap 15.0 includes apparmor, but I see no messages from it. I've tried stopping apparmor to no effect.

Can anyone suggest a way to track down the cause?

Cheers,
        Paul.