Okay, sorry, probably can't help then. I'm running Opensuse 42.3, Apache
2.4.33 (prefork) and mod_php 7.2.7.

The one thing I forgot about when I originally switched from php 5 to 7
was the APACHE_MODULES variable in the file /etc/sysconfig/apache2,
changing php5 to php7. But each os/distro likes to tweak the config
files so not sure if this applies to you.

Dave.