[apache24-2.4.34]

For some reason I can't get .htaccess to work.
Can you tell me what I am doing wrong here? Let me share some settings:

# Active ------------------------------------------------------------------

LoadModule authn_file_module libexec/apache24/mod_authn_file.so
LoadModule authn_dbm_module libexec/apache24/mod_authn_dbm.so
LoadModule authn_socache_module libexec/apache24/mod_authn_socache.so
LoadModule authn_anon_module libexec/apache24/mod_authn_anon.so
LoadModule authn_dbd_module libexec/apache24/mod_authn_dbd.so
LoadModule authn_core_module libexec/apache24/mod_authn_core.so
LoadModule authz_host_module libexec/apache24/mod_authz_host.so
LoadModule authz_groupfile_module libexec/apache24/mod_authz_groupfile.so
LoadModule authz_user_module libexec/apache24/mod_authz_user.so
LoadModule authz_dbm_module libexec/apache24/mod_authz_dbm.so
LoadModule authz_owner_module libexec/apache24/mod_authz_owner.so
LoadModule authz_dbd_module libexec/apache24/mod_authz_dbd.so
LoadModule authz_core_module libexec/apache24/mod_authz_core.so
LoadModule access_compat_module libexec/apache24/mod_access_compat.so
LoadModule auth_basic_module libexec/apache24/mod_auth_basic.so
LoadModule auth_digest_module libexec/apache24/mod_auth_digest.so
LoadModule socache_shmcb_module libexec/apache24/mod_socache_shmcb.so
LoadModule reqtimeout_module libexec/apache24/mod_reqtimeout.so
LoadModule filter_module libexec/apache24/mod_filter.so
LoadModule mime_module libexec/apache24/mod_mime.so
LoadModule log_config_module libexec/apache24/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule env_module libexec/apache24/mod_env.so
LoadModule headers_module libexec/apache24/mod_headers.so
LoadModule setenvif_module libexec/apache24/mod_setenvif.so
LoadModule version_module libexec/apache24/mod_version.so
LoadModule ssl_module libexec/apache24/mod_ssl.so
LoadModule mpm_prefork_module libexec/apache24/mod_mpm_prefork.so
LoadModule unixd_module libexec/apache24/mod_unixd.so
LoadModule status_module libexec/apache24/mod_status.so
LoadModule autoindex_module libexec/apache24/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule dir_module libexec/apache24/mod_dir.so
LoadModule alias_module libexec/apache24/mod_alias.so
LoadModule rewrite_module libexec/apache24/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule php7_module libexec/apache24/libphp7.so

# General setting (1)
<Directory />
 AllowOverride none
 Require all denied
</Directory>

# Specific setting for my website (2)
<Directory /usr/home/user/mywebsite>
 AllowOverride all
 Require all granted
</Directory>

I created a password for a valid user of who's credentials are saved in the AuthUserFile below

The content of the .htaccess file @ (3)
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Password Protected"
AuthBasicProvider file
AuthUserFile /usr/home/user/.htpasswd
AuthName secure
<RequireAll>
  Require valid-user
</RequireAll>
</Files>

What I only can think of is that the .htaccess file (3) or the .htpasswd file does not have the correct owner and/or permissions. Which user and group should the .htaccess belong to? I now set it to user:www
File security is set to 640

The .htpasswd file is set to user:user

Even when I hash out (1) and restart Apache 2.4, I still don't get the authorisation screen to provide a password, which I think means that .htaccess is not interpreted.

Thanks for your help,
Jos