Have you tried adding a ulimit command to raise the number of open files in the
apache start script or systemd  service file?

Darryl Baker  (he/him/his)
Sr. System Administrator
Distributed Application Platform Services
Northwestern University
1800 Sherman Ave.
Suite 6-600 – Box #39
Evanston, IL  60201-3715