Le 21/08/2018 à 13:50, Hemant Chaudhary a écrit :
Hi All,

I want to use buffer of 512B in apache . I am using mod_proxy_http to send request to tomcat and have set ProxyIOBufferSize 512.

But it is sending message to tomcat with size greater than 512B.

How should I control apache in proxy so that it will send message and receive with max buffer size of 512B.

Thanks
Hemant

Hi,

for some reasons, mod_proxy_ajp has the folowing code ([1])

This means that value are silently forced between 8k (AJP_MSG_BUFFER_SZ) and 64k (AJP_MAX_BUFFER_SZ).
I don't know why this is done this way and it looks spurious

However, the code looks in line with apache 2.2 doc ([2]), but not with 2.4. ([3]) This looks to something that has not been completely updated in the 2.2 -> 2.4 process.

Sounds like a useless limitation and mod_proxy_ajp should be aligned on the doc. IMHO, the test with AJP_MSG_BUFFER_SZ should be removed. (and also the one with AJP_MAX_BUFFER_SZ BTW)

I cross-post to dev@ list for others feed-back.

CJ

[1]: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_ajp.c?diff_format=h&view=markup#l197
[2]: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxyiobuffersize