Hi All,

  openssl standard says " The cipher list consists of one or more *cipher
strings* separated by colons. Commas or spaces are also acceptable
separators but colons are normally used".  But apache says "directive uses
a *colon-separated* *cipher-spec* string consisting of OpenSSL cipher
specifications to configure the Cipher Suite the client is permitted to
negotiate in the SSL handshake phase" in
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_ssl.html.

So, when I configured apache by separating cipher string with spaces,
cipher string has no affect.  But when cipher string is configured with
colons, cipher string has effect.

So, please provide clarification, is there any limitation why we can’t
configure cipher string by using space as delimiter in apache.

PS: I am using 2.4 apache version in Linux OS.

With Regards,
Venkatesh