I already attached the code in an earlier message.  If you want to know what my
application does and what the server I wrote is doing, please read the code.  I
also explained it in comments in the code, including at the very top of the C++
and JavaScript files.

What I copied over were the HTML, CSS, JavaScript and .exe files, as well as
some other files required for the application that Visual Studio created
(currency_converter.ipbd, currency_converter.iobj, currency_converter.pdb),
when I compiled and linked under the Release build configuration.

If I go back to the reverse proxy route, I'd have to take out the environment
variables I guess (unless there's a way to hide the Google Maps API Key and the
currency API Access Key that I can use with a reverse proxy in Apache, so that
I don't have put the keys in there directly--is there something like this?).
Either way, I do still need to know how to configure the vhosts configuration
file (and the reverse proxy configuration in the httpd.conf file if I do go
back to that--which I think I'll have to) so that when I navigate to the
virtual host in the browser, I'll see the application I made.

I need to know how to do all of this correctly on Apache: the reverse proxy
configuration and the virtual host set up, with the mod_proxy, mod_proxy_http,
and any other modules I need for this.  I could just change the C++ server
application into a CGI or FastCGI one, but I'll need to learn how to do that
first.  While I need to find out how to correctly configure a reverse proxy and
virtual host as well anyway, at least I won't have to do anything to my C++
code.