On 19 Sep 2018, at 14:41, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 4:35 PM @lbutlr <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to do something along these lines in the apache.conf files?
>>
>> DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/roundcube/
>> ProxyPassMatch ^/(.*\.php)$ fcgi://127.0.0.1:9000${DocumnetRoot}$1
>>
>> (that is, not have to repeat the information that is already in the
>> configuration)
>
> Not automatically like that, but e.g.:
>
> # Will also use native environment variable if not found as a 'Define'
> Define ROOT /var/www
> DocumentRoot ${ROOT}
> <Directory ${ROOT}>
>  Require all granted
> </Directory>

Six of one, half a dozen of the other, I suppose. I just wrote a script to
parse all the conf files, extract the document root, and add the fcgi line
after it.

It is annoying to have to do this for every domain, but so it goes.

But thanks, that is good to know for future reference, it will make generating
a ne domain conf file simpler.

cat domain_info > /path/to/confs/domain.conf
cat default_conf >> /path/to/confs/domain.conf

How about this:

Define DOMAIN example.com
Define ROOT /www/${DOMAIN}
Define ALIAS www.${DOMAIN}

Eh, I should just try it. How bad can it be? :)

--
No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got
there first, and is waiting for it.