I have Apache 2.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.8
Used to display a directory list.
I’m trying to restrict access with several partial IP addresses.
I’m expecting IP’s in defined to be denied access, yet i’m still able to
display all directories from IP’s not specified, and still seeing access log of
unauthorised IP’s

httpd.conf I have the mod_authz_host module enabled.

Under document Root Directory I have added the rules.
The directives look correct based on the documentation but i’m failing to
understand why they are not effective.

If anyone has and advice on how to correct i’d appreciate it.

Below is a snippet of my httpd.conf file

DocumentRoot "/Users/username/directory”

#
# Each directory to which Apache has access can be configured with respect
# to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
# directory (and its subdirectories).
#
# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
# features.
#
<Directory />
    AllowOverride All
    Order deny,Allow
    Deny from All
    Allow from 1.126 1.127 119.18 120.22 203.168 192.168.1
</Directory>

#
# Note that from this point forward you must specifically allow
# particular features to be enabled - so if something's not working as
# you might expect, make sure that you have specifically enabled it
# below.
#
<Directory "/Users/username/directory”>
    #
    # Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
    # or any combination of:
    #   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI MultiViews
    #
    # Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
    # doesn't give it to you.
    #
    # The Options directive is both complicated and important.  Please see
    # http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#options
    # for more information.
    #

    #
    # AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
    # It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
    #   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    #
    AllowOverride All
    Order deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 1.126 1.127 119.18 120.22 203.168 192.168.1

</Directory>

Regards