Hi Yann,

I solved it. The environment variable is read out by mod_ssl correctly.
The Problem was that mod_proxy_hchceck does not use
ap_proxy_determine_connection (which normally sets backend->ssl_hostname), but
has it's own function hc_determine_connection.
so the backend->ssl_hostname, to which the environment variable is set, was
null and therefore still no SNI.
It can be solved by setting backend->ssl_hostname in hc_get_backend.

   TLSv1 Record Layer: Handshake Protocol: Client Hello
        Content Type: Handshake (22)
        Version: TLS 1.0 (0x0301)
        Length: 222
        Handshake Protocol: Client Hello
            Handshake Type: Client Hello (1)
            Length: 218
            Version: TLS 1.0 (0x0301)
            Random: d316a98e1b71beceba455598bdb3e8a23797ff2cf3202563...
            Session ID Length: 0
            Cipher Suites Length: 102
            Cipher Suites (51 suites)
            Compression Methods Length: 1
            Compression Methods (1 method)
            Extensions Length: 75
            Extension: server_name (len=22)
            Extension: ec_point_formats (len=4)
            Extension: supported_groups (len=28)
            Extension: SessionTicket TLS (len=0)
            Extension: heartbeat (len=1)

I have attached your patch with this addition included.

Regards,
Dominik