This seems so simple, yet it doesn't work.  I would like to block some
troublesome clients from accessing my website.  I have streamlined it
to what I think is the simplest possible example: block clients from a
single domain.

<Directory "/var/www/httpd”>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    <RequireAny>
      <RequireAll>
        Require all granted
        Require not host example.com
      </RequireAll>
    </RequireAny>
  </Directory>

Yet, in my logs I continue to see requests from host1.example.com,
host2.example.com, etc with status codes of 200.

This is based on http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/howto/access.html,
specifically the section "Access control by host"
My apache version is 2.4.6 (Red Hat Enterprise LInux)

What am I misunderstanding about this documentation?
Thanks so much for thinking about this!!

-- Bill

--
Human wheels spin round and round
While the clock keeps the pace... -- John Mellencamp