Directory / is the root of the filesystem, so it should always be set
in server config with Require all denied, it is not the documentroot,
chances are you have a Directory directive elsewhere denying, also
make 100% sure you don't mix Order/Allow/Deny with 2.4 directives.

So:

Server config
<Directory />
Require all denied