Hi Jobst,

Il giorno lun 18 feb 2019 alle ore 04:05 Jobst Schmalenbach
<jo...@barrett.com.au> ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> I have just started upgrading all of my CentOS servers from 6.X to 7.X.
> With that Apache gets upgraded from 2.2 to 2.4.
>
> While I have fixed most of the issues one that I cannot solve is the
> "PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::IMAP" in .htaccess files.
>
> I use this frequently on many machines as it is real easy for me to look
> after this,
>
> Using apache 2.2 this used to work like a charm with an .htaccess file in the
> directory to protect:
>
>     satisfy any
>     Order deny,allow
>     deny from all
>
>     AuthName "Protected by IMAP credentials"
>     AuthType Basic
>     require user USER1 USER2
>     PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::IMAP
>     PerlSetVar        AuthenSimpleIMAP_host
> "CENTRAL.IMAPS.SERVER.HOST.NAME"
>     PerlSetVar        AuthenSimpleIMAP_protocol "IMAPS"
>
>     allow from localhost
>     allow from THESERVER
>
> I re-wrote this for apache 2.4 (not repeating the perl stuff) but same
> .htaccess file
>
>    <RequireAll>
>      Require user USER1 USER2
>      # do not turn this off, or else this will not work.
>      Require ip 127.0.0.1
>      Require host localhost
>      Require host THESERVER
>    </RequireAll>
>
> In the server's httpd.conf file I have:
>
>    PerlRequire /etc/httpd/conf/startup.pl
>
> which contains this:
>
>    #!/bin/env /usr/bin/perl
>    use strict;
>    use warnings;
>    use Authen::Simple::IMAP;
>    1;
>
> This loads with no error messages.
>
> The problem really is:
>
>   ==> error_log <==
>   failed to resolve handler Authen::Simple::IMAP
>   failed to resolve handler Authen::Simple::IMAP
>   failed to resolve handler Authen::Simple::IMAP
>   failed to resolve handler Authen::Simple::IMAP

Have you installed the perl Authen::Simple::IMAP library? This seems
more a Perl issue than a httpd one.. I'd follow up with the mod_perl
community support (the module is not part of the standard httpd
distribution - https://perl.apache.org/maillist/index.html).

Hope that helps!

Luca