Hello,I configured proxy
with proxy loadbalancer to route traffic to backend application
servers.Balancer members do
not detect the unavailability of the backend (downtime) and directs
traffic to the broken node. As a result, users are waiting for a
response from the broken backend servers.I want the balancer
member to change its state to Err when detect backend downtime. I
read in the documentation
(https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass),
that the unavailability of the backend should be examined using the
ping parameter.  ping   .. “This feature has been added to
avoid problems with hung and busy backends.”..  When
defining a balancer member, I use the ping option:ProxyPass "/"
"balancer://test-site-local-balancer/"<Proxy
"balancer://test-site-local-balancer">BalancerMember
"http://127.0.0.1:2010"; ping=2..The configuration
does not work as I expected – loadbalancer still directs traffic to
the unavailable node. I'm listening packets using tcpdump and I do
not see additional packets to port 2010 which should be associated
with ping HTTP/1.1 100-Continue requests.I use Debian 10 with
Server version: Apache/2.4.38 (Debian).How to setup ping
mechanism correctly to detects unavailable backend servers?Thanks,Paweł