Hello

If you have servers with dozens of standalone installations of Wordpress, what
settings are typically changed from the Apache/Fastcgi/PHP defaults with
regards to timeouts, execution time, etc.

On occasion when users are updating the application, we get a timeout error in
Apache, and no one can access any PHP driven content. Regular html works ok.
Only a reboot of the server seems to remedy it.  Restarting Apache and/or
PHP-FPM does not seem to correct it.

This seems to be the first error entry tied to problems ….

“The timeout specified has expired: [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx] AH01075:
Error dispatching request to :, referer:
https://somesite.com/wp-admin/update-core.php?action=do-core-upgrade

The result afterwards are a bunch of this type, until we reboot …

[Mon Apr 01 14:26:45.998971 2019] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 26422:tid
139964645857024] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: [client
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:63031] AH01075: Error dispatching request to :, referer:
https://somesite.com/sub1/sub2/

Linux

Apache

FastCGI