From: Yehuda Katz <yeh...@ymkatz.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:15 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] RE: Need some advice - thread safe php module

It says you are missing libargon2.so. You should be able to get it from
libargon2 in EPEL.

- Y

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 4:59 PM Jeff Cauhape
<jpcauh...@detr.nv.gov<mailto:jpcauh...@detr.nv.gov>> wrote:
Yehuda,

Thank you. I figured that one out. 😊

However, I’m seeing something odd that has me scratching my head.

If I load the wrong module, it’s found but can’t be used (from httpd.conf):

#
# Diagnostic test - loading PHP module
#
LoadModule php5_module               modules/old/libphp5.so
#LoadModule php7_module               modules/old/libphp7-zts.so

and I get

[root@web1e conf]# ../bin/httpd -t
[Thu May 23 13:30:24.323227 2019] [:crit] [pid 2861:tid 139938397767552] Apache
is running a threaded MPM,
but your PHP Module is not compiled to be threadsafe.  You need to recompile
PHP.
AH00013: Pre-configuration failed

which is what I suspect. However, comment out the wrong module
and uncomment the correct one:

#
# Diagnostic test - loading PHP module
#
#LoadModule php5_module               modules/old/libphp5.so
LoadModule php7_module               modules/old/libphp7-zts.so

and check again …

[root@web1e conf]# ../bin/httpd -t
httpd: Syntax error on line 173 of /apps/apache_2.4.37/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
load modules/old/libphp7-zts.so into server: libargon2.so.0: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

but both shared objects are in the same directory and have same permissions:

[root@web1e old]# ls -l lib*
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 apache apache 4588168 May 22 09:19 libphp5.so
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 apache apache 5309568 May 23 11:52 libphp7-zts.so

and they have the same magic cookies:

[root@web1e old]# file lib*
libphp5.so:     ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked, BuildID[sha1]=ffdbbd7feae16b186d72c1cb2abc072ee3d3ceb6,
stripped

libphp7-zts.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked, BuildID[sha1]=dcac17fd34443cb602e1d13f2cb812f6165d7ba3,
stripped

I thought that maybe the problem was some strange module name that wasn’t
correct in httpd.conf

[root@web1e old]# strings lib* | grep php | grep module
php_info_print_module
php_session_register_module
_php_find_ps_module
php_get_module_initialized
php_module_startup
php_module_shutdown_for_exec
php_module_shutdown
php_module_shutdown_wrapper
php5_module
/usr/lib64/php/modules

php_info_print_module
php_session_register_module
_php_find_ps_module
php_get_module_initialized
php_module_startup
php_module_shutdown_for_exec
php_module_shutdown
php_module_shutdown_wrapper
php7_module
/usr/lib64/php-zts/modules

But that’s not the case.

Ideas?

Jeffrey Cauhape – IT Professional III – Linux and Solaris Administrator
Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
(775) 684-3804 (office)     jpcauh...@detr.nv.gov<mailto:jpcauh...@detr.nv.gov>