On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 7:23 AM o1bigtenor <o1bigte...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> Wanting to host for internal use only a number of programs and found
> the concept of using the module mod_authz_host and the Require
> directives.
>
> What is not clear is where I would place the declaration, require xxx.
>
> Does the declaration get placed within
> sites-available/example.com.conf  or is there a better place to put
> it?

That's a reasonable place on a debian-based server, where virtual
hosts you add won't be touched by the package manager.

Packaging issues aside, all of the config files you find on a system
like this are just serialized into one file anyway with the Include
directive.
The real consideration is the context you put a directive into because
of the scope you want it to apply:
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/sections.html

--
Eric Covener