Greetings I am new to apache. so please dont be so hard if this is too basic

I;ve been practicing by my self looking for scenarios to solve, but I have
this a particular one that I can[t figure out.

I manage to set some sore of reverse proxy to forward a website that I have
on an intranet.(forward it to external net throug VPN).

The thing I cant figure out is that when I acces this site through the
proxy, it prompts to enter the user name an pass but it is doing this for
every resource that needs to download, eg: images, style sheets,scripts
every thing.

Is there a way I can configure apache confs to manage this and store some
kind of cookie or cache to avoid this and enter login credentials just
once.?