> On 14 May 2020, at 13:36, Antonio Suárez Pozuelo <a.sua...@defensor-and.es>
> wrote:
>
> Hi, Nick. I'm afraid we're still having some issue with this.
>
> Without ProxyHTMLCharsetOut, proxy_html is translating our backend ISO-8859-1
> response into UTF-8, which is fine. When submitting a form, I guess the
> browser will also encode its contents in UTF-8, but maybe proxy_html won't
> reverse-translate that into ISO-8859-1 before relaying it to the backend
> server.

Whoops, now you mention it, that may have figured in the thinking behind
the very configuration you were trying to use.  Yes, of course, mod_proxy_html
doesn't touch your POST data.

> This can be enforced by adding an accept-charset="ISO-8859-1" attribute to
> the <form> tag (tested on Firefox 77.0b5), so: should proxy_html add that
> attribute to <form> tags automagically when parsing and translating HTML
> content?

Interesting suggestion.  It would be straightforward to offer that as a
configuration
option (much easier than fixing the problem with ProxyHTMLCharsetOut,
unless I'm missing something in the libxml2 API).  Though it seems to me
kind-of an ugly workaround.

I think this merits a bugzilla entry.  Do you want to submit it?

--
Nick Kew