Hi! I found the following tidbit in a Debian¹ config file² for Apache's "mod_cache" module:

-----
# This will also cache local documents. It usually makes more sense to
# put this into the configuration for just one virtual host.
CacheEnable disk /
-----

Maybe I overlooked something, but nothing I've read in the documentation seems to support the idea that a "CacheEnable" directive is better used in a single virtual host context, rather than in the server's global config. I actually don't see why that would be the case.

So does the quoted comment sound strange to anybody else, or is there some factual basis to it that I'm completely missing?

TIA,
DN

_____
Notes:

¹ via Devuan, actually; searching the WWW for the comment text also turns up Ubuntu

² /etc/apache2/mods-available/cache_disk.conf

--
Dario Niedermann.                 Also on the Internet at:

gopher://darioniedermann.it/  <>  https://www.darioniedermann.it/