Greetings,

I have spent two days trying various settings and googling for solution for last two days, of course no luck yet.

I want to expose two servers using proxy pass. I have done some proxy pass settings earlier and in those cases it worked smoothly. For the purpose of discussion remote server is tomcat, but should not matter as proxy pass is using http url.

I have same set of applications and trying to expose it from some server. Example could be

https://myserver/uat/app1

https://myserver/qa/app1

Earlier I have tried just https://myserver/app1 and it works correctly. But now I want to add environment to it. Applications don't know they are proxied and when "app1/" is accessed it sends back to "/app1/login", relative to app1. This information gets lost in translated as I want it to go to "/uat/app1". Same issue applies to any of the links web page tries to load - it's relative to app1.

I can do server config changes on tomcat side or apache side. Without doing any massive code surgery, is it possible to achieve what I want to do? Rewrite/change all links coming from "/app1/abc" to "/uat/app1/abc" or "/qa/app1/abc" depending upon the root?

Since it's same application, all urls are same, except the environment context.

Thanks,

Niranjan