I'm happy to announce version 0.1.2 of mod_websocket:

    https://github.com/jchampio/apache-websocket/releases/tag/0.1.2

mod_websocket is an Apache 2.x module that allows developers to write C-
and C++-based WebSocket services. The intent is for mod_websocket plugin
writers to develop their services independently of the Apache server API.

This is a "dust off the build" release -- the user-facing changes have
been in master for four years, but never officially released. One major
bug has been fixed, a few minor cleanups have been made, and a new build
system for *nix platforms was contributed to the project. I am also
dropping testing coverage for the obsolete 2.2 server line, though I
won't intentionally break 2.2 features until a future 0.2 release.

= Major New Features/Fixes =

- Extremely fragmented messages no longer cause poor performance and
  possible DoS conditions. Thanks to Paul Spangler for his fix
  suggestion!
- The CMake build system now supports *nix platforms as well as Windows.
  Thanks to @toniotelli for the contribution!
- The 'MaxMessageSize' directive has been renamed to
  'WebSocketMaxMessageSize'; its previous spelling is deprecated and
  will be removed in the future.

A full changelist can be seen at the release description on GitHub.

= Major Known Issues =

This is a pre-release, zero-dot module. There are known issues that may
preclude its use in production systems. Please understand them and take
steps to avoid them if you decide to deploy mod_websocket.

- Apache worker threads are completely monopolized by WebSocket
  connections. This makes it possible for a large number of connections
  to DoS the server.

A more complete (but not necessarily exhaustive) list is available at
the repo page on GitHub:

    https://github.com/jchampio/apache-websocket/issues

= What's Next =

There's a lot of stuff to do. During my absence from the project,
WebSocket has received a transport based on HTTP/2, several optional
WebSocket features have seen more mainstream use, and Python 2 was
EoL'd. And the existing issues list didn't become any shorter,
unfortunately.

Questions? Comments? Let me know. Thanks for your interest!

--Jacob Champion