From: Antony Stone <antony.st...@apache.open.source.it>
Sent: Sunday, July 19, 2020 7:53 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] client removal of .htaccess file

On Sunday 19 July 2020 at 13:48:22, Joel wrote:

> Just to clarify, the remote "client" is the owner of the URL and has full
> access for purposes of uploading the html, css, etc. files to the server,
> as well as .htaccess files.  At least one website states this can be done
> from the command line, but I'm not certain that's correct.  See
> http://www.activewebhosting.com/faq/cgi-htaccess-change.html

a) Is Active Web Hosting the provider you are dealing with?

b) Have you tried following the instructions on that page to delete the file?

> Does the .htaccess file physically remain in the directory where it was
> initially loaded?  Or, does the server remove, transfer, or otherwise
> dispose of the file?

Apache does not, but I think your question is best directed at your hosting
provider.

Antony.

--
"Can you keep a secret?"
"Well, I shouldn't really tell you this, but... no."

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.