Hi.

I have a web app I'm hosing on my laptop on HTTP/1.1 with HTTPS (the server
code is in C++ and it uses the Boost.BEAST library for the HTTP/S
functionality).  It's a currency converter app with a Google Maps GUI (not that
impressive, I know).  I want to add a reverse proxy to it that would serve
HTTP/2 upgrade requests.

Right now the app is working on my laptop.  I have a slow connection, though,
which is a problem.  I hope it won't be too bad.  The app URL is
https://dragonosman.dynu.net:5501/ and you can go here:
https://www.osmanzakir.dynu.net to check if the app is running (this is my
portfolio site and the app is shown as the first one in my projects section;
there's a script that checks if the app is running and tells you if it is).

Do I need to set up a virtual host on Apache for this?  What do I need to do
exactly?

I've attached a modified httpd.conf file.  What I changed was:

"
Define SRVROOT
"E:/programming/visual_studio_2019/Projects/currency_converter/x64/Release"
ServerRoot "${SRVROOT}"
"
as well as setting it to listen on port 5502, and also did this:

"
DocumentRoot "${SRVROOT}"
<Directory "${SRVROOT}">
    #
    # Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
    # or any combination of:
    #   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI MultiViews
    #
    # Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
    # doesn't give it to you.
    #
    # The Options directive is both complicated and important.  Please see
    # http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/core.html#options
    # for more information.
    #
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

    #
    # AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
    # It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
    #   AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    #
    AllowOverride FileInfo

    #
    #
    Require all granted
</Directory>
"

I set that directory in Drive E as the server root because that's where the app
is being served from.  And it does work (at least it did before I tried to set
up a reverse proxy, and I hope I can get it to work with the reverse proxy as
well).

I'm thinking that I'll have to have both servers running and have Apache
respond to requests to upgrade to HTTP/2.  Do I have that right?

Anyway, the source code is on GitHub here:
https://github.com/DragonOsman/currency_converter .  I don't know how to find
out from the HTTP request header if there's an upgrade request, so first I need
to figure that out.  Someone who's good at C++ looking at my code would be a
big help here.  Thanks.