On 02 Sep 2020, at 04:52, Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My question is: what is a "base server" in this context. For many years I
> have always listed my main virtual host as the base server but that was
> pre-OCSP. Do I now have to run a non-https server?

The name I define in https.conf as ServerName is the rDNS for the machine. This
domain has no pages associated with it, though it does have an info page under
a sub directory, and is only there for the base config.

I don't know if this is the 'right' way to do this, but I prefer having all the
domains in cost for consistency.

--
Of course, there were various groups seeking his overthrow, and this
        was right and proper and the sign of a vigorous and healthy