Hello Apache users,

I'm in the process of migrating several Apache configurations from 2.2 to 2.4 so I'm looking for a tool to automate that. Is it possible ? Do such tools already exists ?

The documentation about the replacement of mod_access_compat by mod_authz_host is very well documented in the upgrading doc[0], but there isn't any information about tools that can help doing such upgrades. Since I'm not well versed in Apache history, I wonder how often did such directive depreciation took place, how it went down and what tools where used to eased such depreciation.

I know there are some some libraries in perl[1] and python[2] to parse Apache configuration that could help in that adventure but the former hasn't been updated for 5 years and the later has some issues outputting a valid config (ex. issues #101 and #105).

I'm open to any suggestion or comments about this subject.

[0]: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html#run-time

[1]: https://metacpan.org/pod/Apache::ConfigParser

[2]: https://github.com/etingof/apacheconfig

Cheers,

--
Brice WAEGENEIRE <bwaegene...@evolix.fr> - SysAdmin support Evolix
Evolix - Hébergement et Infogérance Open Source