On Monday 15 February 2021 at 17:36:46, Claude Warren wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am playing with Bash based CGI.

Maybe if you give us an example of exactly how you are doing this, it would
help us to answer your question:

> I can see how to generate any result code other than 200.

I assume a "not" is missing from that sentence :)

> Is there a way to set the result code to anything else?  If so how?  Is
> there documentation?

There are plenty of examples of CGI scripts return other status codes,
although I've no idea how many might be written in bash.

My guess is that you might need to set the exit code of your script to
something specific, but as I say, show us what you're doing so far and we might
have a better idea.

Antony.

--
Late in 1972 President Richard Nixon announced that the rate of increase of
inflation was decreasing.   This was the first time a sitting president used a

 - Hugo Rossi, Notices of the American Mathematical Society

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.