This is wrong, actually. Here are the problems:

1) You should redirect to https:// from the :80 vhost, and nothing else
2) You should only proxy to your backend in your :443 vhost
3) If you proxy to http://, you don't need SSLProxyEngine on
4) A :443 vhost requires SSLEngine on, but you likely have it in your
included file

For the future, do use example.tld instead of someone else's domain name.