Hello

Need help in understanding the highlighted parameters:

ProxyPass "/example" "http://backend.example.com";  timeout=3600 keepalive=On

keepalive parameter - As I understand relates to TCP or socket keep alive
probes that are sent to prevent idle connection.

[image: image.png]

My confusion is :

Assuming the backend server takes 4 hrs to process a request and I have
'keepalive on' in Apache httpd with the OS setting to send tcp probes every
2 minutes. Backend server and Apache httpd are sending TCP keep alive
packets to indicate the socket connection is not idle.

   -  In this case, would the 'apache httpd' close the connection in 1 hr (
   timeout = 3600) because the 'apache httpd' didn't get the http data? Is
   this timeout  'apache httpd' application timeout ?

Appreciate help.

Thanks.