Hello Dino / HTH,

Thank you for your very elaborate answer!!

Your 'diagram' made it very clear!
Clients --> INTERNET --> Apache httpd reverse proxy (answer to HTTPS requests
made by your clients) --> Your internal backend(s) (answer to HTTPS requests
coming from your proxy).

It's also good to know that I set-up my reverse proxy in the correct way (only
installing the SSL certificates on the reverse proxy).
My set-up is: Clients --> HTTPS - -> reverse proxy --> HTTP --> back-end server

There is no need in my set-up to use HTTPS between the reverse proxy and the
back-end server.

Thanks for clarification!

Jeroen

Support the independent web, use