Hello Antony, thanks for your advices.

Actually we do not have control on the Nginx part, as it is managed by our
VPS provider (which is IONOS).
The only access we have is on a Ubuntu server through a SSH connection.
That's why we installed Apache. And by the way, we can display the default
Apache page you mentionned.

More precisely, here is our context :

   - we do have a first website called : *www.website.com
   <http://www.website.com>* associated to an IP (let's call it IP_ONE).
   This one is correctly displayed since years.
   - we just created a second website (as subdomain of the previous
one) : *second.website.com
   <http://second.website.com>* associated to an other IP (lets call it
   IP_TWO). This one get a 404 error.

According to you, how should we set up the hosts file ?

Regards,

*Julien*