On Sat, Apr 8, 2023 at 11:22 PM Chris me <phunct...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Right. Is there an option to compile Apache using a non-standard location for
> dynamic libs? IE instead of /usr/lib it could use /usr/lib/custom
>
> I was not able to find anything other than using an ELF patcher to try and
> change the paths directly in the httpd binary file, but not sure how that
> would turn out.

Those are usually configured during link time, i.e. via LDFLAGS. It's
not entirely clear what you want, and the are at least a dozen rules
how the various options interact, so I'd recommend you check the man
page for your system's runtime linker (probably man ld). Normally,
you'l just pass -Wl,-rpath,/your/lib/search/path, but maybe you want
to mess with DT_RUNPATH, DT_RPATH or SEARCH_DIR.

Rainer