Good day dears,

Recently we have installed Apache server v2.4.58 in our CentOS 9, when make
vulnerability scan with Nessus on the server the Nessus shows this
vulnerability:

The remote host appears to be running Apache and is potentially
affected by the following vulnerabilities:

  - Multiple race conditions exist in suexec between the
    validation and usage of directories and files. Under
    certain conditions local users are able to escalate
    privileges and execute arbitrary code through the
    renaming of directories or symlink attacks.
    (CVE-2007-1741)

  - Apache's suexec module only performs partial
    comparisons on paths, which could result in privilege
    escalation. (CVE-2007-1742)

  - Apache's suexec module does not properly verify user
    and group IDs on the command line. When the '/proc'
    filesystem is mounted, a local user can utilize suexec
    to escalate privileges. (CVE-2007-1743)

Note that this plugin only checks for the presence of Apache, and does
not actually check the configuration.

So we need your support to disable suexec in the server.

Thanks,

Best regards

[cid:image001.jpg@01DA892D.DD9ABC10]

Abdullah Adnan

IT System Administrator | Arab Payment Services

Mobile:   00964-7735387734
Ext.:       74

Email:    a.ad...@aps.iq<mailto:a.ad...@aps.iq>

Skype:   Abdullah Adnan

Website: www.aps.iq<https://www.aps.iq/>

Address: Iraq | Baghdad | Abu Nuwas | District (102) | Street (26) |
BLDG.(13/66)