Hi,

I'm still working on improving our redirects. I'm looking for a more efficient way for apache to process rewrites other than using a text file with many RewriteRules in them.

I'm using RewriteMap in another capacity (involving the use of a script for the default action if there is no match in the map), but I just wanted to confirm that I'm not missing something. I have a list of a few thousand URLs that are 404s.

https://linuxsecurity.com/news/organizations-events/will-security-professionals-get-promoted

Instead of just creating a rewriterule that maps them all to /news/organizations-events, I was thinking I could use a rewritemap.

The problem is that it appears RewriteMap must consider ALL possibilities. It doesn't then fall back to actually see if the URL is valid or another RewriteRule exists.

I was thinking thee was another way, with perhaps a RewriteCond where I may be able to have it process another RewriteRule?

Or perhaps there's another way to use RewriteMap with dbm that I'm currently using to do this?

Thanks,
Dave