Hi Lawrence,

I can't give you answers to all your questions, but to tell a (linux/unix)
host which DNS server to use, you would enter the ipv6 address in the
/etc/resolv.conf file.

And then i doesn't matter if the DNS server is on a different subnet, as
long as you can route traffic to that subnet.

I hope that this will help a little bit.

Kind regards,
@

~